Really simple game.
Catch your food while avoiding enemies before the time is up!
In Vampire's Bit you will share your time with a little vampire girl that needs to drink blood to survive. To get that blood, late at night, she flies to a small village near her castle, after crossing a small forest. Help her to catch the villagers when they get out of their houses, avoid the vampire hunters, go back to the castle before the sun rises and try to get the highest score. How many nights can you survive?
NEW UPDATE! DEMO 3.1 (bugfix build)
This update focuses only on fixing stuff, since people found various bugs, with some of them even being game breaking material. As soon as everything seems clean and stable I will start adding new content.
- Player doesn't get stuck anymore
- Hunters won't double anymore
- Music plays and loops properly now
- Very little (if any) chance of dead ends at the levels
- Fullscreen, and filters won't mess up with the start of the game
- Added 4x resolution to the options
- Added input method configuration to the options
- Added Screenshot taking key (F12)
- Various bugfixes and tweaks
- Lots of optimization (you can check the FPS pressing F)
- Read full changelog here
A couple of players had issues with the main character never spawning at the start of the levels making the game totally unplayable. Since I couldn't replicate that bug at all, I'm not sure if it has been fixed or not, so I added a small test key to help me with that.
If you find that bug again wait until the timer is between 50 and 30 seconds and press the T key to get an error code I need to fix it. Tell me about it, and I'll know exactly where to start working.
- Simple and fast-paced gameplay
- 8-bit styled graphics
- 8-bit styled music and sounds
- Local high score saving
- D-input gamepad support
- X-input gamepad support (untested)
- Procedural generated stage layout
- Small Bonus Stages
- Graphic and sound configurable options
- Scanlines and CRT looking filters
There are some features I have in mind, or I have already started working in, but didn't make it in time for this demo.
Some stuff you will see on future updates includes
- More polished graphics and animations
- More music and sound effects
- Power-ups and special habilities
- Different types of villagers
- Different types of enemies
- Different types of bonus stages
- More variation on stages
- Online hi-score system
ABOUT THE GAME
A small and very simple one man project I started as my entry for AGDG's Waifu Jam 2016. Since I received a lot of positive reviews on it and I had a lot of ideas that didn't make it to the first demo in time, I decided to keep working on it to slowly make it bigger and better.
Main inspration, as you can imagine, comes from older games like Bomberman and Berzerk, and NES aesthetics and limitations.
Keep an eye on it for any future updates, and send me any suggestions, questions, reviews and feedback, here or on my social networks. Your opinion is highly appreciated!